Hawkes Bay Tourism Limited and Hawkes Bay Tourism Industry Association Inc.
Hawke's Bay Tourism Industry Association Inc. (HBTIA) is a membership based organisation that aims to promote and co-ordinate opportunities for economic growth and prosperity for the tourism industry in the Hawke's Bay region.
HBTIA was first was incorporated as a non-profit organisation in October 2000 called Hawke's Bay Wine Country Tourism Association (HBWCTA). Graeme Avery of Sileni Estates was the instigator of the Hawke's Bay Food & Wine Tourism Group, which merged with the existing HB Tourism Association and formed HBWCTA, has undergone a further name change in July 2011 to Hawke's Bay Tourism Industry Association Inc.
Objectives of HBTIA
- Effective management and industry promotion and of the Hawke’s Bay brand
- To serve as an advisory, strategic development and service organisation to maximise the expansion of domestic and international tourism in the Hawke’s Bay region, with particular focus on the region’s food, wine and lifestyle attributes
- To enhance opportunities and promote economic growth and prosperity for the tourism industry in Hawke’s Bay for the benefit of the whole community
- To promote strategic industry input and direction to Hawke’s Bay Incorporated through specific project groups
- To encourage and support excellence in quality service and the overall delivery of visitor experience
- To provide networking and communication opportunities
- To facilitate educational workshops and seminars
- To provide lobbying support and advisory services to members
HBTIA is the sole shareholder in Hawke's Bay Tourism Limited, the RTO (Regional Tourism Organisation) and works closely with Hawke's Bay Regional Council as the major funder, for regional development so that the private sector and public sector tourism activities can pool resources for a more effective result.
Annual General Meetings
The AGM of the Assocaition is held in August/September each year.